CLAIMS FILING & CASE ADMINISTRATION
Partnering with Becket & Lee relieves clients of the day-to-day burden of managing their bankruptcy portfolios. Our dedicated bankruptcy professionals have the expertise, software and staff to manage:
• Electronic Claims Filing
• Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing
• XML Notices from Courts
• Redaction of Social Security Numbers
• Electronic Payments
• Transfers of Claim
Filing claims is just the beginning. Cases referred to Becket & Lee are monitored throughout the life cycle to ensure claims are timely filed and paid, and all events are tracked, managed and reported through case closure. Our program also solves other common bankruptcy management issues, such as maintaining adequate staffing as bankruptcies fluctuate, processing the paper mail that is still part of the bankruptcy system, and monitoring cases for changes in status, which may impact recoveries.
With decades of experience working with the Bankruptcy Courts and bankruptcy law, Becket & Lee adeptly navigates the legal and procedural complexities of the federal bankruptcy system. We provide comprehensive nationwide legal representation in all Bankruptcy Courts, helping our clients develop cost-efficient and effective litigation programs.
Among the litigation services we provide are:
• Complaints to Determine Dischargeability of Debt
• Objections to the Debtor’s Discharge
• Objections to Confirmation of a Plan
• Motions to Dismiss Under §707
• Motions for Relief from the Co-Debtor Stay
• Defense of Objections to Claim
• Defense of Preference Actions
• Defense of Trustee Avoidance Actions
• Defense of Automatic Stay Violation Actions
• Motions to Lift Automatic Stay
• Motions to Value Collateral
• Motions to Allow Administrative Claims
• Motions for Setoff
"System7 ", our proprietary process, uses technology and economies of scale to efficiently track Chapter 7 bankruptcies. Chapter 7 accounts are referred to Becket & Lee, where each is monitored until closed by the court. If a case is identified as having assets, a Proof of Claim is prepared, filed with the court according to local procedures, and the bankruptcy is monitored for activity and payment.
Becket & Lee’s System7 also provides an electronic update to our clients when a Chapter 7 bankruptcy has been identified as:
• Dismissed and closed by the court
• Discharged and closed by the court
• Converted to another chapter
• Becoming an asset case
The value in Becket & Lee’s System7 is its ability to cost-effectively pursue recoveries from Chapter 7 portfolios.